For discussions of Kickstarters, Patreons, Conventions, etc. (No looking for players posts. See posting guidelines below…)
Note: Initial posts in this category require Trust Level 2
The Gauntlet is a thriving community of amazing folx who want to share their joy and passion with each other. Some of those things however are less an idea, and more of an event: Kickstarters, Patreons, Products, Conventions, etc. To help us keep things nice and tidy around here, we wanted to set aside a place where you can get hype about these things, as well as provide a very upfront area for people to go and check on them.
As with any other posts, the mod team may recategorize a topic. The mod team will be going back and recategorizing some older posts to this new category. Additionally if you see a post that seems to be in the wrong category, flag it and a moderator can take a look and, if necessary, move it to the appropriate category.
Please, try to refrain from small effort discussion openers, such as:
- Who’s going to X con?
- Has anyone heard of this KS?
- Here’s my product, what do you think?
Instead, please try to make sure your opening post is informational, interesting, and ideally written to generate discussion, as that will attract others to come and join your conversation. Here’s some quick examples:
- GenCon is happening August 1-4 this year, and I’ll be setup at the booth listed in the map below. Who else is going, and is anyone interesting in having a Gauntlet meetup for dinner on Saturday?
- The Kickstarter for X product is live, and I’m curious if anyone else has information about the product? Looking over the campaign, it seems to be set in the wild west, but talks about the players being steam trains who “come alive”, and I’m not sure if the “hunger” mechanic really works. Love the art though!
- Hi, I’m the creator of “Love and Microchips”, and I’ve updated my product to have a Fate offering! We’ve been playtesting and I wanted to see if anyone else had experience with it, as I’ve been concerned about the Mechanic about hacking your heart after a breakup.
And as always, remember to read and respond to each other with best intentions, with kindness, and with the spirit of collaboration. If you see anything that you feel may be questionable or harsh, let us know by flagging the post and the Moderation Team will step in.