[This was also posted on https://www.facebook.com/groups/gauntlet.rpg/posts/5226937177416938/]
I have a gaming weekend coming up and I’m looking at running Brindlewood Bay which I find very interesting.
The book says the game is planned for ±12 sessions, and also presents a short one-shot option.
I have ±12 hours net playing time over 2 days, and I want to go full circle, all the way to the void mystery. Do you have any tips on making it work?
- Intro, character creation - 1h
- Short first mystery [maybe complexity 4?] - 2h
- Two longer mysteries, 3h each [complexity 6?] - 3h * 2
- The Void Mystery - 3h
Does this make sense?
- I’m concerned it’s somewhat rushed and maybe will make it hard for the players to get in the mood
- Does a complexity 4 mystery work?
- Is it feasible to complete complexity 6 mysteries within 3h?
- Will it make sense to dish out ±5 void clues in ±3 short mysteries?