As soon as you turn the corner, you know you’ve made a mistake. Your companions sense it, too, their hands seeking the comfort of their weapons’ hilts. This contact of yours, Bazh’gnor, you’ve known for years, but this is the first time they’ve asked to meet anywhere other than their shop. In truth, this whole thing stank from the beginning. The moment you got that note–
But the trap is sprung: four bandits fall gracefully from ledges above, landing nearly noiselessly around your group. The leader, her face in shadow, says, “Welcome to Elfsong Alley. First time in this part of town?” It takes a moment, but you realize know that voice. You say, “Eleanor. Cousin Eleanor?” You hear a stifled gurgle from the shadowed face, and you can’t resist. “Auntie tells me it’s been three weeks since she’s seen either hide or hair of you.”
• • •
City of Whispers is a city fantasy game, powered by the Apocalypse, currently in development. This will be the first major play test.
Players assume the role of city denizens in a world filled with dangerous magic, political intrigue, and personal entanglements.
In addition to generating characters, the first session entails creating the city and its factions.
This game is currently in development. This is a play test. We will likely encounter issues with the rules, but I will make sure everyone has fun.
• • •
- System : City of Whispers (In Development - Powered by the Apocalypse)
- The Pitch : City fantasy game in a world of dangerous magic where characters manage political and personal intrigue
- Schedule : Four Tuesdays in February x 2.5-hours/session
- Breaks : Two 10-minute breaks
- Venue : GM’s Zoom
- Recording Session : With consent from all players
- Posting Recording : With consent from all players
- Attendance : Joining all four sessions is ideal but not required
- Safety : Lines & Veils, X-Card, Open Table, and any others suggested by the players
Additional information :
This game will follow the Gauntlet Community Code of Conduct
Wednesday, February 3, 2021 1:00 AM → Wednesday, February 3, 2021 3:30 AM Session 1
Wednesday, February 10, 2021 1:00 AM → Wednesday, February 10, 2021 3:30 AM Session 2
Wednesday, February 17, 2021 1:00 AM → Wednesday, February 17, 2021 3:30 AM Session 3
Wednesday, February 24, 2021 1:00 AM → Wednesday, February 24, 2021 3:00 AM Session 4