The Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace is a Canadian focussed RPG marketplace. We sell both direct to consumers and to Canadian Friendly Local Game Stores. We sell both Print&PDF and PDF only.
We pride ourselves on having beneficial policies for both publishers and local retailers.
From publishers, the Marketplace takes only a 10% cut which occurs after transaction processing fees, and any other discounts. This means that more funds go directly to our publishers.
For retailers, we provide a PDF guarantee for any physical books sold in your store to your customers, and we also have a “ship-to-store” option for our direct customers. Ship to store gives the customer a discount on shipping and gives the store a small credit.
At the moment we allow our direct customers to designate any Canadian FLGS to receive a 5% affiliate bonus on any kind of sale on checkout.
In addition to the above, we also provide publishers with assistance in cross-border fulfillment, which is particularly useful for USA based publishers looking to send product to their Canadian backers.
**More Info for Publishers**
Here are the basics of Selling on the Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace:
- We sell Print & PDF, and PDF Only.
- Any print sales are always bundled with a PDF. We have a PDF guarantee for all our customers.
- Retailers received a 40% discount off MSRP. This applies before any other fees.
- Print material is placed on consignment, and you are responsible for getting your books to us. (We do have a USA shipping address.)
- CDG Marketplace takes only a 10% cut of all sales. This occurs after any other discounts or fees, transaction processing fees are ~3% + 30 cents.
- Payments to our publishers are made quarterly.
- All products are listed for you by our team.
- Prices are set in Canadian funds ($CAD), but customers can checkout with other funds. Currency conversion is automatically calculated.
- A sale of a $10 PDF, would net a publisher $8.46
- A sale of a $20 book to a customer would net the publisher $17.19
- A sale of a $20 book to a retailer would net the publisher $10.20
We provide fulfillment services on Print books. This helps publishers with cross-border kickstarter fulfillment and ongoing direct sales within Canada. Reach out for more details.
Interested? Please contact us. Currently, we setup all your products for you!
**More Info for Local Game Stores**
Here at Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace, we love Friendly Local Game Stores, and we want to see you thrive. We are focussed on Canadian retailers, and primarily carry games from Canadian game designers and publishers.
Benefits of Joining the Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace as a Retailer:
- Retailers get a 40% discount on all our books, with a $10 flat rate shipping (or better).
- Get in hard to get titles without the hassle of cross-border shipping fees.
- Anyone who buys a physical book from you can receive a complimentary PDF from us (or through Bits&Mortar).
- Ship to store: We list you as a shipping option for our direct customers. Customers who order directly from us can choose to have the book(s) delivered directly to your store. When this happens you earn 10% on the sale as credit to get other books from us, and the customer receives discounted shipping.
At the moment we allow our direct customer to designate any Canadian FLGS to receive a 5% affiliate bonus on any kind of sale.
We recently started recording “unboxing videos” that explore the various titles we carry.
My next post in this thread will highlight some of the titles on the marketplace, and I will aim to add to it regularly.
Questions welcome! I know there are a lot of indie game designers here on The Gauntlet, and we’d love to talk about getting your games up, and what we offer.