With it being the first of November, the Gauntlet Calendar open up for (checks notes) January? We still have room in December, though the holidays often make a mess of schedules. A few reminders for those posting events.
- Please post your events to both the Gauntlet Forum and the Slack. We have members who don’t participate in the Slack but who have RSVP access. It’s also important to have events there in public for those interested in playing who don’t back the Patreon. If you have to choose, please post on the Forum over Slack.
- GMs- it is legit to mark the first 48 or 72 hours of access as restricted to a particular group who might otherwise not get access: new Gauntleteers, people you haven’t run for yet, members of a marginalized community. If you do so, make sure you put that at the top of your event description both on the calendar and when you post it on the Forums or Slack.
- If you’re wondering what to run, look around for what games people are asking about. On the flip side, if you’re a player looking for a particular game or even particular time, maybe talk about that. GMs- if you have someone make a request, feel free to save them a seat. Just post the session with one fewer players.
- If you’re planning on recording your event, make sure you say that in your event description. It’s also important to tell people if you’ll be contacting them via a group email. Finally, given the state of our video options it’s a decent idea to mention what you’ll be using for the session (Streamyard, jitsi, Zoom, etc).
- There is a known bug that if you create an event with the exact same name as a previously created event, the system won’t post it (but also delightfully won’t give you an error message).