Brindlewood Bay by Jason Cordova [we will be playing in German, description below in English, though]
- Number of sessions: There will be 2 sessions in total. Being able to attend each session is ideal but not required. You must RSVP to each session you wish to attend.)
- Duration : 3 hrs.
- Number of players : 2-4
- Description: Brindlewood Bay is inspired by “cozy mystery” media, such as Murder She Wrote , though with an added element of lurking eldritch horror. So, imagine Miss Marple but flavoured with Twin Peaks and The Wicker Man . In Brindlewood Bay , you will all play retired women in the eponymous town - a small whaling town turned tourist trap in New England - who are members of a mystery book club and get embroiled in murder investigations around their home town. As they investigate these seemingly unrelated murders, they may learn deeper secrets pointing to occult forces working behind the scenes of the seaside town.
- Content Warning : While the game - especially at the outset - will have a cozy tone, it is ultimately a game about murder, so some themes of violence will be inevitable. While not a high-action game, there is risk to the characters, which can extend to risk to their lives. Likewise, while it is unlikely to form a large part of the game, romance and sexuality are explicitly referenced as part of the characters. There is also a strong theme of supernatural horror, which will become more prevalent as the game progresses, with the possibility for personal and body horror. We will have a discussion on tone and content before the game begins, as well as establishing Lines & Veils to provide a comfortable play experience. This game will take place under the Gauntlet Community Code of Conduct and the safety tools Script Change and X-Card will be in use.
- Credit: This summary is adapted from that written by David Morrison.
- Safety tools in use : X-Card, Lines/Veils, Open Door (see Gauntlet Community Code of Conduct https://www.gauntlet-rpg.com/community-code-of-conduct.html).
- Recorded : With permission granted before each session. Permission to make public after each session.
- Prior experience required : No, rules will be taught in play.
2020-10-12T18:00:00Z Session 1
2020-10-19T18:00:00Z Session 2