Google Slides as a resource

I’ve played around with “Character Keepers” in Google Sheets, but for my game, I thought I’d try to put everything in Google Slides instead. See it here

I went this direction because:

• the tab-switching of Google Sheets doesn’t show you where other players are making changes
  • Slides text is big and easy-to-read by default
  • Specifically for my game, which uses cards, it’s easier to just copy a card image and paste multiple cards onto a Slide

Has anyone else used Slides? What are your experiences? Any tips? Any things to watch out for?

6 Likes

This is super interesting! Can you elaborate a little on how Slides improves the second point?

I think this is also probably good for things where you want to add an image (NPC, map, whatever) - just add a new slide and paste it in when the time comes.

1 Like

Sure! Here are two screenshots (Sheets versus Slides) for comparison. It doesn’t quite do it justice because I squeezed my browser window smaller for the sake of the screenshot. You can imagine if my browser were full-size, the font size would scale up. In the Slides view, it’s notable that even in the “preview” on the left side, I can see other players’ activity - it highlights their color, etc.

3 Likes

Oh, excellent! I did not realize that Slides would show other editors’ activity in the preview pane on the left. That does indeed make a huge difference. This may have less automation easily available relative to Sheets, but the presentation is indeed superior from my POV.

4 Likes

Never thought to use slides but it makes so much sense. Looking to working in Slides for some projects in the near future.

2 Likes