- Concept : A game of Arthurian romance, telling tales of battle and heartbreak, with players in the roles of champions, errants, lieges, paragons, sorcerers, and villains.
- Aim : To play to see what happens.
- Tone : Exciting and melodramatic.
- Subject Matter : Action and (non-explicit) violence. Romance and (non-explicit) sex. A legendary medieval setting, containing feudalism, miracles, and magic. Your heroes can be any race, class, gender, sexuality, and religion. (This is legend, not history, so “historical accuracy” does not apply.) Safety tools (Open-Table, X-Card, and Lines & Veils) will be used.
Hearts of Camelot is a Hearts of Wulin-inspired game of Arthurian romance. You will create heroes from a selection of playbooks (Champion, Errant, Liege, Paragon, Sorcerer, Villain) and establish Entanglements. I will improvise a story around your characters and their relationships. We will play to see what happens.
This will be a five-session “campaign”. Participation in all five sessions is encouraged.
We’ll be playing in Camelot’s “Kingdom of Adventures” period. ( Arthur, now an adult, has secured his crown against threats both foreign and domestic. Merlin is missing and presumed dead. The Round Table is firmly established, but one knight, Sir Balin, has committed a shameful deed with metaphysical consequences, and the kingdom is plagued by adventures in need of redress by heroes. Just in time, Lancelot has arrived to secure his place as the Round Table’s foremost knight. Arthur and Guinevere rule from Camelot, holding court, rendering judgments, distributing gifts, and assigning quests. ) This is the default, recommended time period for the game, characterized by adventures and courtship. During this period, heroes have relative liberty to pursue activities of interest to them, without getting swept into the national upheavals of other time periods.
These will be three-hour sessions, each with two 5-minute breaks, hosted online. The sessions will not be recorded. Rules will be taught. I’ll email players before the game to confirm attendance, share play materials (a character keeper with a rules summary and playbooks), and provide a Zoom link.
This game will follow the Gauntlet Community Code of Conduct.
- 2023-02-04T18:01:00Z → 2023-02-04T21:00:00Z https://gauntlet-hangouts.firebaseapp.com/event-detail/-NJlyP3UUNMcilD12Bbq
- 2023-02-11T18:01:00Z → 2023-02-11T21:00:00Z https://gauntlet-hangouts.firebaseapp.com/event-detail/-NJlzm2JZC4sjrNGrBH0
- 2023-02-18T18:01:00Z → 2023-02-18T21:00:00Z https://gauntlet-hangouts.firebaseapp.com/event-detail/-NJlzvgJZKo_pibR_j2N
- 2023-02-25T18:01:00Z → 2023-02-25T21:00:00Z https://gauntlet-hangouts.firebaseapp.com/event-detail/-NJm-9uxm3Pp-P_LJPqY
- 2023-03-04T18:01:00Z → 2023-03-04T21:00:00Z https://gauntlet-hangouts.firebaseapp.com/event-detail/-NJm-fVbWfDCL1wa80HB