(couldn’t find this question here before, but if there was - point me in the right direction).
I’m test-playing my second adventure and I’m trying to improve the insights I’m getting from the playtests.
What I’m doing so far:
- I ran the adventure myself and took notes.
- I’ve set in as other GM ran my adventure
- I wrote a “How to be a good playtest” section in the text that I’m giving playtesters (Attached below)
What else can I do? what worked well for you in previous playtesting in order to get good insights?
(also, if any of you have the time to playtest a new adventure that is meant to be “a how to guide to running comedy roleplaying adventures” drop me a line in uri.lifshi (at) gmail.com)
The "how to Be the Best Playtester section:
Hello dear playtester, who I suspect is a wonderful person,
Thank you very much for agreeing to playtest this adventure, you rock!
Please feel free to run this module to your gaming groups but refrain from sending it any other people as this is still a beta product.
What should you do?
- Read through this adventure and add comments if you have any questions or if any segment is unclear.
- Gather your roleplayer friends and run the adventure
- BTW, If you can record the session and send me the recording - that would be great (Don’t worry about sound quality, recording with your phone is excellent, no worries. If you want to use something else you might want to consider this post).
- Write me an email/FB message/twitter DM with your experience running this adventure .
In your input try and answer these questions:
- How was the writing (was everything clear? What would you add to make it simpler to run this adventure?)
- Did you encounter any Game Mechanic issues? (was the Dirty Dozens simplified system clear?)
- Were the “Narrative purpose” sections useful?
- Were the “Comedic devices” sections useful?
Please feel free to comment right here on the adventure, or send comments directly to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.