My Partner the Ghost is a game for two players and one GM, powered by the Apocalypse. One player is a human investigator and the other is a ghost. Together they solve mysteries.
This game, written by Dan Brown & Sam Zimmerman, was published in the Codex - Ectoplasm 2.
You solve mysteries, and you’re a ghost. You can’t do it alone, of course. You can’t accuse the villain when no one can see you, right? So, you have a human sidekick. That’s what you call them anyway when you’re talking to the other ghosts. Together you solve mysteries. The human does the easy part, sneaking around decrepit mansions and skulking around caves and interrogating suspects and such. You’ve got the hard part – pointing them in the right direction and revealing clues, which is especially hard because, well, they can’t see you. Or hear you. Not yet. You’re working on it, though.
You solve mysteries, and you’re a private investigator. You can’t do it alone, of course. You can’t phase through walls or get past magical locks, right? So, you have a ghostly sidekick. That’s what you call them anyway when you’re monologuing to the camera. Together you solve mysteries. The ghost does the easy part, giving confusing hints and scaring people and sneaking into secure places and such. You’ve got the hard part – risking your life and reputation in the pursuit of truth, which is especially hard because, well, no one believes you have an undead partner. Not yet. You’re working on it, though.
- System: My Partner the Ghost (2-player PbtA)
- The Pitch: Human investigator and ghost solving mysteries
- Schedule: Three Tuesdays (July 20, & 27th, Aug 3rd) 2.5-hours/session
- Breaks: Two 10-minute breaks (or as needed)
- Tone: Largely dictated by the players, but walking the line between “Murder She Wrote” and “Scooby-Doo”. “Beetlejuice (88)” or “Ghost (90)”
- Venue: GM’s Zoom
- Recording Session: With consent from all players
- Posting Recording: With consent from all players
- Attendance: Joining all four sessions is ideal but not required
- Safety: Lines & Veils, X-Card, Open Table, & Script Change (I’m also open to learning about others that might be suggested by the players.)
This game will follow the Gauntlet Community Code of Conduct
Tuesday, July 20, 2021 7:00 PM → Tuesday, July 20, 20211 10:00 PM Session 1
Tuesday, July 27, 2021 7:00 PM → Tuesday, July 27, 20211 10:00 PM Session 2
Tuesday, August 3, 2021 7:00 PM → Tuesday, August 3, 20211 10:00 PM Session 3