Here’s a second (1) draft for a quick card game (32 cards-deck). Let me know if you know something like this and also, what could go wrong.
-It’s a game of cards and storytelling. You will narrate a story together, and in parallel you will try to gather cards of one suit to lay them down in front of you and tell the end of the story.
- Set up the game, dealing every player 6 cards (4 : 5-8 players, 2 : 9-16 players). Each one of you puts one card face down in front of them.
- To start the game, turn your card face up and narrate what it represents.
A face up card gives you control over what happens to what it represents. For simplicity, when I say “your card”, I also mean “what it represents”.
- Whenever you want, you can put down cards face up in front of you, but you can never take them back in hand. That’s for putting down a card.
- Each turn, please play one card.
You can play any card you own. When you play a card, it exchanges its location with that of any other card.(1) That’s for playing a card.
- Each turn, please narrate what happens to any one card in front of you. Try not to be original, just add your bit to the story.
- After “8 - nb of players” turns (minimum 1), the game ends. Count 1 point for each card in the largest suit in front of you (1). Whoever has more points narrates a happy ending. Ex aequos share this narration.
1 : edited after Radmad’s answer)