Since my group has an excessive amount of time at home, we’re going to run a limited-event side campaign. I could use some help with system suggestions that meet the following criteria:
- No more than 3-5 sessions, but not a oneshot either.
- Genre is lighthearted weird scifi. All characters, settings, and plots must be inspired by something from this amazing 70’s Scifi Art tumblr.
- Something with a little crunch would be good.
- Explicit mechanics to support both players and GM introducing setting & narrative would be nice (I’m imagining some of the tools that Scum & Villainy provides players via flashbacks, etc)
- Playable with basically no GM prep at all.
If Troika’s classes were less Fantasy-ish, I’d frankly just run that. I suspect what I’m looking for is Troika, but in space. I know of a few scifi systems (Coriolis, Eclipse Phase, etc) but I think I’d have to shoehorn them into the gonzo feel I’m going for.