I am working on a light sci-fi pbta game. I’ve notice that when players use the combat move (Blast 'em!) they sometimes struggle to figure out what to spend an extra hold on. Here is the move as it currently stands:
Blast ‘em!: When you try to use violence to solve a problem, roll +Swashbuckling.
10+ Inflict one damage and pick two. 7-9 - Inflict one damage and pick one.
- Avoid return fire (Costs 2)
- Do extra damage (Costs 2)
- Damage something critical
- Be extremely precise
- Give an advantage to a teammate. They gain one plot armor.
Extra damage and avoiding return fire have to cost 2 holds because of how my health system works.
I am looking for more interesting options to add to the list. I will probably add this as a one-hold option:
- Temporarily pin an enemy in place
I am looking for other suggestions. The tone is sci-fi serial TV.