- Running games for teens at my local library. Signed up to run Masks in March already.
- Actually produce a supplement to US or the Veil.
- Pull together my blog site, which I only expect to use myself, since it’s a place to collect all the tidbits of advice I’ve gathered from designers about how they envision playing their games, what they meant by…etc.
- Start running and playing games on the weekend, especially with the Euro and AUSPAC crews. That’s contingent on resolving a certain cryptic health issue, but I’ll get there.
I’d be happy to collaborate on a Veil thing if you are interested.
Yet another talk for Dreamation?
- Run more games with my partner, now that she’s actually interested!
- Go to a few more cons
- Get more Codex games to the table (already did Trophy)
- Get more new games to the table that I have to learn myself (already did with Companion’s Tale)
- Stream on Twitch and use Roll20 more, just to get versatile at those things.
- I’d love to run more varied and different games in my F2F group!
- I’d like to start running games on the Gauntlet.
- I want to finish one of my game design projects and actually share it with people.
- It would be great to play more codex games, either F2F or online!
- My F2F group might want to start recording sessions and doing a podcast or something?!
- figure out how to do a duet a week (a quarter through the year and basically on track!)
- go to a con for the first time (in planning)
- run something as a GM gm on the Gauntlet (I did this! Twice! And have stuff on the calendar for May!)
- run something Gauntlety for my face-to-face group (though technically i guess anything I’d run at this point would be gauntlety by virtue of me being in it? shrug)
- do some more game jams (hopefully will write something today for one!)
- figure out what other design design project project i want to tackle
- Run and play more games that I haven’t before
- Run another sector of 3:16 for the Gauntlet
- Run another chapter of MH Ballhir for the Gauntlet
- Run (or play) PrimeTime Adventures
- Write another game
The ones that come to mind:
- Follow through on running games for the Gauntlet.
- Adapt one uncommon game for Gauntlet play.
- Play more games with my partner. (I’ll hopefully start checking off this one over the upcoming long weekend!)
- Stay on top of new Codex issues.
- Meet more people at cons (Big Bad Con last year was a good start, hoping to keep it up this year).
you know you want to come to Dreamation, Chris and meet the East Coast gang… whisper whisper
Been struggling to get into gauntlet games, but been having a blast playing with my students. Summer will give me some flexibility to play and run more.
If you’re struggling because they always seem to fill up almost immediately, try out the waitlist. I got into many games by waitlisting
Seconding this! The waitlist is your friend. I’ve gotten into games where I started out 3rd or 4th on the waitlist – it thins out as people get into other games or make other plans.
Run Dungeon World for the first time, especially for my fiance’s family. The dad has lots of nostalgic feels for for old-school D&D so I want to pull them in that way… I may want to run it with the Gauntlet at least once before bringing it to the table with them. Just so I can play with a ppl I’m more familiar and comfortable with RPG-wise.
Struggling because I can’t make the common times; the waitlist is indeed my friend.
I am trying to make a Changeling: The Dreaming hack, but I’m stuck with all this other stuff I want to do. But I’ve got a framework, I just have to fill it with moves … and right now, it looks like very many moves, sadly.
Well I’m in a monthly Changeling: The Dreaming game so I’m happy to help brainstorm stuff!
In 2019 I want to focus on describing scenes and actions more cinematically and tieing plot threads together.
@Shortaaron I totally feel you there. It took a few months of having to cancel attendance week after week to find out when I can RSVP with confidence. It’s still something I struggle with.
@SabineV5 Lots of moves is great! It’s easier to trim stuff off then try and be perfectly streamlined the first time!
My main goal is to start running games on Gauntlet Hangouts! If things go well, I’d also like to start working on a hack/game I’ve been thinking about for a while but never wrote more than a single paragraph.