Half way through the year and I’m at 0/0. Not on my specific goals, but I went to two gaming conventions, haven been running a long-term Bulldogs! game for my home group, ran and played in my local gaming circles, lent my voice to some AP podcast episodes. I’m pretty happy with my 2019 so far
The year started with three goals:
- publish another issue of the Hydra fanzine. Did it last weekend.
- resurrect the podcast. Done!
- publish my new game in time for Easter/GothCon. Done.
So, I’m done for the year. But I have started on a couple of seeds, I hope one of them will grow into a beautiful game in time for Easter next year.
This may not have been in your goals, but you’ve definitely been a cornerstone of support and inspiration for many of us in the Gauntlet, which might qualify as a tangential goal.
- Run something for my regular RPG group. I’m lucky to have a group with several people who are happy to both GM and run, but lately I’ve gotten the itch to sit behind the metaphorical screen. Maybe I can finally get around to the Scum & Villainy Star Wars game I’ve been thinking about.
- Finish the D&D 4E clone toolbox thing I’ve been working on for the past two years.
- Play something that grabs me by the heart which is sadly unlikely to happen with my fairly trad-minded face-to-face group.
For that last bullet point, might I recommend playing a Gauntlet Hangouts game?
I’d love to try it, but I’m not great with scheduling games especially since I’m in Europe. I’ve also had fairly high stress levels at work lately which makes my planning horizon for non-work activities a bit short.
Well you are in luck because at the newly redesigned Calendar page you can see all the games that have openings in them:
https://gauntlet-hangouts.firebaseapp.com/calendar so if you can even plan a few hours to a few days in advance you can likely get into a game!
Very cool! I’ll have to see if I can rig up some equipment too… I currently don’t have a webcam, but I’ll look into it. Thanks for the link!