Half way through the year and I’m at 0/0. Not on my specific goals, but I went to two gaming conventions, haven been running a long-term Bulldogs! game for my home group, ran and played in my local gaming circles, lent my voice to some AP podcast episodes. I’m pretty happy with my 2019 so far
The year started with three goals:
- publish another issue of the Hydra fanzine. Did it last weekend.
- resurrect the podcast. Done!
- publish my new game in time for Easter/GothCon. Done.
So, I’m done for the year. But I have started on a couple of seeds, I hope one of them will grow into a beautiful game in time for Easter next year.
This may not have been in your goals, but you’ve definitely been a cornerstone of support and inspiration for many of us in the Gauntlet, which might qualify as a tangential goal.
- Run something for my regular RPG group. I’m lucky to have a group with several people who are happy to both GM and run, but lately I’ve gotten the itch to sit behind the metaphorical screen. Maybe I can finally get around to the Scum & Villainy Star Wars game I’ve been thinking about.
- Finish the D&D 4E clone toolbox thing I’ve been working on for the past two years.
- Play something that grabs me by the heart which is sadly unlikely to happen with my fairly trad-minded face-to-face group.
For that last bullet point, might I recommend playing a Gauntlet Hangouts game?
I’d love to try it, but I’m not great with scheduling games especially since I’m in Europe. I’ve also had fairly high stress levels at work lately which makes my planning horizon for non-work activities a bit short.
Well you are in luck because at the newly redesigned Calendar page you can see all the games that have openings in them:
https://gauntlet-hangouts.firebaseapp.com/calendar so if you can even plan a few hours to a few days in advance you can likely get into a game!
Very cool! I’ll have to see if I can rig up some equipment too… I currently don’t have a webcam, but I’ll look into it. Thanks for the link!
I set a vague goal this year to prioritise gaming due to large stretches of “being too busy”. I’ve been tracking it.
So far this year have played/run in a mere 9 sessions over 24 weeks.
The curse of full-time work, deadlines, young kids and a partner who works shifts in times other than 9-5!
-Learn to play online (Gauntlet hangouts, Roll20, etc)
-Run/play more PbtA games (recently moved from D&D 5e to Dungeon World). Ideally start a Blades campaign and try a few others as one-shots.
-Complete the RPG Writers Workshop in July (I’m signed up!) with at least a draft of a game idea I have
-Join in the upcoming Dream jam at Itch.io
-Find a couple new players for in-person games (Norfolk, VA anyone?)
- Learn to play online
- Start my dream Archipelago Campaign that I mentioned in the Dream Campaign thread with a local group.
- Start a local group.
My goals for 2019…
- Play more games on The Gauntlet.
- Begin GMing on The Gauntlet.
- Finish my “Ultraviolet World” DW rules hack.
- Start running an Ultraviolet Grasslands campaign using my “Ultraviolet World” rules hack.
- Play Trophy.
- (Tentative) Attend PAX Unplugged.
Wrap up 2yr Blades campaign.
Start another game.
- Play in a non-DnD game.
- Organize a semi-regular (monthly?) in-person story gaming group.
- Attend a gaming con of some sort.
- Make non-DnD gaming a regular part of my life. That’s the only way I ever accomplish anything.
- Finish graduate school so I can find time to do all of the above.
I offer my sincere condolences.
- Create a supplement for Mothership similar in size to Dead Planet
- Submit the supplement to the writers of Mothership for consideration to use their license
- Create a first draft of a new diceless rpg regarding Alien 1st Contact
- Run 5 new to me RPGs (4 completed)
- Play in a game on the Gauntlet
- Start a campaign / mini-campaign this year
I feel like I should be able to hit these three goals by end of 2019.
I’m signed up to run/facilitate 3-4 games that are new to me at an upcoming convention in MN: Questlandia, The King Is Dead, For the Queen, with maybe Kingdom (played it but never facilitated).
Registered for Metatopia. Need to get two games ready for it–most likely will be Dark Well and Vigilance.
I’ve been working on several games, most recently on the following two: Space Station Omega and NightMirror.
Because of my crazy work schedule I haven’t been able to commit to running any online games, but I’d like to give it a go through the Gauntlet later this year once I’ve gotten some things in place in RL. This may be my unofficial official 4th goal for the year.